Account Cards and numbers are mailed to newly participating families in the Fall.
Contributions can be any size. You can contribute up to $2,500 per year. Deposits into this account can only be used for qualified educational expenses. See program rules for more details.
There are three ways to make contributions: in person, by mail, or online.
- To make them in person, bring your deposit and Account Card to any Citibank location. To find one near you, call 3-1-1 or visit www.citibank.com.
- To deposit by mail, you can send checks or money orders to:
Citibank PG&E PlazaPlease write your child's name and account number on your check or money order.
Attn: Kindergarten to College Account
245 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
- To make online electronic payments from your bank, you'll need your child's K2C account number and the San Francisco Citibank ABA routing number: 321171184.
Remember birthdays and special occasions are a great time to ask family and friends to make gift contributions toward your child's future. They can use any of the above payment methods. Just let them know your child's K2C account number.
You can boost your savings through matching funds and incentives.
However, you MUST turn in a K2C consent form to receive additional incentives from K2C.
- MATCHING FUNDS. We'll match every dollar you save up to the first $100 this year.
- FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH PROGRAM INCENTIVE. If your child is enrolled in the Free and Reduced lunch program, you'll earn a $50 incentive.
- SAVE STEADY BONUS. Earn an additional $100 when you sign up for auto-deposit for a minimum of $10 every month for six months!
- MORE TO COME. Look for other opportunities throughout the year.
The consent form gives your school permission to share information about your child to qualify for additional incentives and to administer the program through the San Francisco Treasurer's Office. This form is 100% confidential. You won't be asked for your Social Security number, and only our partners will be given access to your information.
You can download a form here. Please give it to your school secretary.
K2C is a project of the San Francisco Mayor's Office, the Treasurer's Office of Financial Empowerment, the Department of Children Youth and Families, the San Francisco Unified School District, EARN, CFED, the San Francisco Foundation, the New America Foundation and Stanford University. Accounts are held at Citibank by the City and County of San Francisco.
For media inquiries or partnership opportunities, contact: